3H Consulting are involved in research in a number of subjects within maritime and intertidal archaeology and are helping to define working standards and best practice.
Click on a link below to find out more about each research topic:
- Surveying and Recording
- Research - How Accurate are Tape Measure Surveys?
- The accuracy of planning frame drawings
- The accuracy of offset and tie measurements 1: Short distances
- Experiments in ultrasonic hull thickness measurements
- Standard archaeological recording - the Site Recorder database schema
- Controlled vocabularies - wordlists and thesaur
- Marine geophysics
- Marine magnetometers
- Site monitoring using multibeam sonar
- Testing sub-bottom profilers
- Ships and Shipwrecks